Responsible for the financial reporting of complex research grants requiring detailed financial analysis and reporting including variance analysis. Ensures the university is in compliance with the sponsors’ set guidelines, policies and procedures as well as adheres to specific detailed budget requirements imposed by the sponsors. Acts as a liaison on behalf of central financial services unit, with researchers, departments, faculties, ensuring financial/activity records are approved and processed according to sponsor guidelines and regulations as well as McGill guidelines, policies/procedures. Acts as a central liaison with external sponsors.
- Provide accounting services to support the recording and internal and/or external reporting of the university’s financial position, and ensure an accurate reflection of the university's financial position through the formulation, administration and implementation of generally accepted accounting principles, regulations and controls.
- Perform and/or organize activities to support the daily operations of a faculty/department/unit by ensuring that accounting administration functions are carried out in accordance with established goals and objectives.
- Administer operating and other funds ensuring adherence to internal and external accounting policies and procedures, or contract obligations.
- Develop and/or implement procedures and systems that are moderately complex in support of the unit's operations, and in accordance with university policies and procedures.
- Act as advisor to unit members/clients regarding university accounting policies and procedures.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Financial Services at hr.finserve [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 5, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Financial Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.