In conjunction with the Associate Dean, participates in establishing strategic directions for the Unit. This includes direct responsibility for organizing the administrative infrastructure of the Unit in order to ensure that administrative support is optimized to meet goals. Keeps abreast of developments and provides proactive expertise to members of the Faculty of Medicine community concerning matters related to graduate studies, with a focus on the Faculty Allocation, program management and departmental support.. Acts as main point of contact on behalf of Associate Dean, particularly for the Graduate Program Directors (GPDs) and Graduate Program Coordinators (GPCs) of the 19 Departments, Units and Schools; resolves problems and issues to reduce the burden on the Associate Dean. Participates in specific meetings and information workshops on behalf of supervisor.
- Analyze reports from Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office (GPSO) concerning the disbursement of the funds and compiles detailed statistics and reports for the Associate Dean concerning the allocations; follows up with departments/units/schools to ensure that money is spent appropriately and in entirety.
- Manage MD-PhD program in collaboration the Program Director, coordinate applicant recruitment process, organize all candidate interview schedule.
- Plan MD-PhD seminar for Fall and Winter terms.
- In conjunction with five Biomedical Departments, reviews BSc/MSc program applications, manages the program budget, processes all student research payments, and processes admission overrides for all MSc summer admission applicants in uApply.
- Liaise between students, supervisors, Graduate Program Directors and Associate Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Interfaces with Chair of the Biomedical Curriculum Committee (BCC), Academic Policy Subcommittee on Courses and Teaching Programs (SCTP) and individual departments/units/schools regarding policies and procedures.
- Make decisions about program and course revisions based on University requirements and addresses questions on behalf of the Chair.
- Produce reports that follow established protocols. Determines if revisions meet acceptable standards in conjunction with the BCC Chair.
- Attend monthly meetings and highlights issues to be addressed; follows-up on action items. This requires knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and proposals.
- Take full responsibility for effective oversight of all logistics related to BCC, including compiling all documents, uploading documents, maintaining website, and creating the monthly meeting agenda.
- Manage Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship every summer – works with GPS, Associate Dean, faculty reviewers and applicants to ensure eligibility and completeness of all application
- Delegate support work to clerical staff as appropriate. Performs other related duties as required.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is May 25, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.