UNIONIZED POSITION COVERED BY THE MUNACA-PSAC BARGAINING UNIT
Under the direction of the immediate superior, oversees the day-to-day operations of a store or several stores. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training. Resolves problems. Makes recommendations to improve unit efficiency. Contacts others to obtain technical information concerning merchandise. Prepares quotations. Maintains inventory. Performs data entry and analyses. Maintains files
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of a store or several stores.
- Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training. Resolves problems. Makes recommendations to improve unit efficiency.
- Receives, identifies and verifies merchandise. Provides information to and assists customers. Prepares quotations.
- Maintains computerized information systems and participates in their development to improve efficiency within the unit. Uses inventory management and other software. Prepares purchase requisitions for replacement stock or new items.
- Contacts the persons concerned in order to determine the exact technical data regarding special items. Resolves problems by intensive searching of technical catalogues.
- Follows up on the purchase of requested items, taking into account the exact technical requirements, the price and the delivery date.
- Administers store accounts. Monitors and reconciles accounts, statements, and reports. Identifies and analyses discrepancies and errors. Corrects errors and follows up on problems.
- Maintains equipment and instruments. Ensures cleanliness of work areas.
- Uses equipment necessary for the handling, shifting, or moving of material, such as a hand truck, forklift, hydraulic platform, etc. Uses office equipment such as a typewriter, computerized information system, calculator, photocopier, fax machine, etc.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Education and Experience:
DEP (Accounting/Office Systems)
Four (4) years related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to handle packages, some heavy and/or cumbersome, up to 100lbs. Proven ability to handle and secure all departmental chemical waste including disposal of chemical waste. WHIMS training is an asset. Proven ability to provide excellent customer service. Good attention to detail and ability to be resourceful. Must be able to work with PC and email. Ability to speak and write English, speak French.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to the Faculty of Science:
McGill University, Faculty of Science, HR Services
853 Sherbrooke Street West (Dawson Hall), room 314
apo.science [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is October 16, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Science will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
In order to maintain internal priority, McGill employees must apply within the delays specified in the MUNACA collective agreement for positions covered by the collective agreement or according to the personnel policies for positions covered by the personnel policies.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.