Under the direction of the Senior HR Advisor, provides a full range of human resources services for administrative staff in support of the Faculty of Arts mission. Main responsibilities include recruitment, benefits administration, compensation, organizational development and labour and employee relations. Act as a resource person and provides advice on the interpretation of policies referring to unionized and non-unionized employee groups. Participate in the development and implementation of University’s personnel policies and new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the faculty by keeping abreast of new developments and trends in the field of human resources management.
- Provide expertise and advice to the Faculty of Arts with respect to the day-to-day management of human resources policies and procedures, including academic, non-unionized and unionized employee groups, the managing of several collective agreements and identification of training and development needs.
- Provide full-cycle recruitment services to centres/departments/institutes, from inception to final offer stage, including on-boarding and integration.
- Develop search and recruitment strategies and advise on the Faculty’s recruitment practices. Optimize recruitment tools to impact overall effectiveness of the hiring process.
- Provide coaching and counseling advice to managers and employees, and work to resolve employee relations issues quickly.
- Conduct job audits with managers and employees. Make recommendations on salary adjustments, hiring salaries, and other compensation matters. Processes and approves all appointments for the Faculty as required.
- Manages the benefits administration for administrative and academic staff and maintains databases for reporting.
- Analyze current and potential problems and recommend alternatives.
- Participate on special projects.
- Supervise 1 staff and evaluate progress of assignments and results.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to the Faculty of Arts at apply.arts [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is September 19, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Arts will only contact applicants selected for an interview.