Under the direction of the Senior Human Resources Advisor, the Human Resources Coordinator provides a high level of administrative and confidential support for the Human Resources unit of Facilities Management and Ancillary Services. Acts as the main contact for policies and procedures and resolves complex problems. This includes responsibility for the unit's human resources administration processes and organization of a variety of human resources activities, including staffing, benefits administration, salary administration, labor relations and records management, and ensuring appropriate administrative actions are completed.
- Acts as resource person regarding the unit's policies and procedures. Resolves complex problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Responds to general questions and provides explanation concerning the application of the collective agreements. Refers complex and sensitive issues to the supervisor.
- Maintains and manages seniority lists for Service Employees Union (SEU) as well as scheduling all the disciplinary measures and maintaining their files.
- Responsible for yearly special projects such as recognition lunches and safety boot truck on campus as well as yearly vacation calculations of SEU employees.
- Maintains employee files and completes documentation for payment, postings, appointments, promotions, nominations, leaves, absences, and other administrative forms. Explains procedures to follow. Ensures that deadlines are met.
- Collaborates with Directors / Managers to build a recruitment plan to address their position requirements as well as any gaps within their team.
- Assists with the preparation and revision of job descriptions. Gather relevant documentation for those concerned.
- Executes the full cycle of recruitment, which includes planning, organizing and participating in the interview process. Prepare postings, screening internal and external applicants, schedule and assist interviews, and produce offer and rejection letters.
- Follows up on the completion of probationary and trial period review forms as well as verify and process appointment forms and change of status.
- Works closely with those concerned to understand recruitment best practices, including behavioral interviewing and assessment techniques.
- Schedules various departmental meetings. Attend meetings, take minutes and follow up on action required.
- Liaises with internal and external clientele, including unions, faculties/departments, other universities, hospitals and government agencies to obtain/exchange information.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is February 27, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.