The Technical Lead is responsible for providing technical expertise, problem resolution and mentoring to a team of technical professionals responsible for IT technical solutions and services. He is accountable for the suitability, reliability, stability and availability of IT technical solutions and services in his area of responsibility consisted mostly of software solutions related to the Microsoft ecosystem.
- Ensure optimal availability of technical solutions and services that support business functions.
- Oversees the technical and maintenance activities within the team and coordinates those activities with relevant members of the larger McGill University IT Community. Works with vendors’ technical support staff as needed.
- Manage workload of the team to prioritize and troubleshoot items, and continuously look for ways to improve IT technologies efficiency and effectiveness.
- Plan and lead the implementation of technologies with relevant members of McGill community.
- Identify risks associated with services development activities by proactively evaluating potential impact to project and propose appropriate actions to leverage or mitigate risk opportunities.
- Scope, plan, develop and deliver technology components under own responsibility for end to end services, which meets or exceeds quality standards in accordance with planned budget and schedule. Work with vendors’ technical support staff as needed.
- Deliver and maintain technology roadmaps that provide robust solutions which meet or exceed requirements and IT service levels agreements, and take into account vendor roadmaps.
- Identify risks and propose mitigation strategies for technical solutions and/or services
- Stay abreast overall on related technologies and ensure solutions meet required technical design and specifications and that deliverables adhere to best practices and standards.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as manager’s delegate when needed
- Act as first level of escalation for the services he is accountable for
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.