Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategy and Operations, OPVPA, the incumbent will liaise with a variety of clients to the Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic), including Deans of Faculties and other senior university administrators. In particular, the Liaison Officer is responsible for briefing the Senior Director and the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic), as necessary, on communications from Faculties and ensuring timely communication to Faculties. The incumbent will also be responsible for management support of institutional initiatives launched from the OPVPA, and for internal management support of OPVPA operations.
- Prepare meeting dossiers for the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) including generating appropriate briefing materials and ensuring appropriate supporting information is provided, including executive-level summary briefings, related narratives and historical information in order to ensure informed and effective meetings;
- Identify and maintain a list of open agenda topics to bring forward to the appropriate meetings for discussion and decision, with the necessary supporting documentation; recording approvals and decisions taken by the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic);
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the schedule of deliverables for the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) such as reports, presentations, speaking notes, major strategic and policy documents and coordinates with the appropriate colleagues to ensure deadlines are met;
- Responsible for budget monitoring and controls for the Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic), conducting monthly reviews of the line-item accounts and capturing and reporting on expenditures, producing Banner reports, and assisting the Senior Director on all budget-related issues.
- Assist the Senior Director in development and managing communications to the University community from the OPVPA, including maintenance or associated websites;
- Assists the Senior Director on special projects and consults on urgent and confidential/sensitive correspondence and high-priority issues, as necessary.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Staffing:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
apply.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is December 15, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.