Develop, advise on and implement benefit, disability management and health and well-being policies and programs furthering the effectiveness of human resources. The Manager of Benefits assists and collaborates with the Director, Pension & Benefits to provide a competitive benefit plan offerings to attract and retain top talent in support of the University’s mission and culture. Promote a positive work environment with a diverse workforce. Oversee a variety of activities related to benefits including regular government reporting and legislation and keep current with trends in human resources management.
- Analyze, develop, evaluate and update policies and procedures; provide expertise counsel and guidance to University community and senior management on a variety of benefit issues;
- Manage a team of professional and administrative staff. Direct, supervise and evaluate the work of the team and provide training;
- Ensure compliance with University policies and procedures and regulatory/legislative requirements;
- Oversee enrollment procedures, summary plan descriptions and web content;
- Conduct or participate in benchmarking studies and make recommendations related to McGill’s benefits and other Human Resources offerings and issues;
- Oversee the development of communications on benefits, health and well-being and disability management topics and make presentations;
- Prepare reports on benefit, disability management and health and well-being initiatives required by senior administration and the Staff Benefits Advisory Committee for planning purposes;
- Partner with benefit consultants to establish contribution rates for the various benefit plans;
- Provide guidance to Human Resources network and managers as well as support Labour Relations in meetings with unions and associations on benefit issues;
- Manage vendor relationships;
- Liaise with McGill community, other universities or external organizations on related matters;
- Attend senior level meetings and represent the unit at internal and external meetings.
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Staffing:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
apply.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is January 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.