Working under the direction of the Director, Marketing and Communications, and working closely with the Marketing and Communications team, the candidate will support the implementation of marketing and brand strategies and plans for the Faculty in order to meet the existing and planned initiatives for the Faculty and Program objectives.
The incumbent will guide the direction and implementation of various marketing, communication and promotions solutions. This role will develop and support the initiatives to deliver the marketing collateral and design for the Faculty and across the various programs and centres within Desautels.
The role will also act as the liaison between the Faculty’s overall branding and Program marketing, including support for various recruitment and promotional activities.
- Project manage client briefs and workflow in marketing department; strategy, design and digital, with the various stakeholders understanding timelines, budgets and milestones per project
- Manage and take the lead in the design and production of marketing materials (online and printed brochures and reports, advertising, web and social media branded content, etc.,)
- Oversee photoshoots, videos, and other promotional material generation for the Communications, Web and Social Media teams to support the growth and engagement of new and existing communities
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to roll out tactical marketing campaigns, including the planning for and preparation of promotional material and presentations to support marketing and recruitment activities
- Act as key contact for clients; manage deadlines, expectations and deliverables on time and on budget; oversee each project by developing and communicating clear internal briefs
- Assist with creating brand impact and consistency across platforms, including design, web, social media and events
- Ensure all communications and promotions are on brand according to brand guidelines and style guide and assist in the development of guidelines for new Programs as well as for Program rebranding
- Plan and execute Program and Centre events and support the Program recruitment events. Assist the Communications team with Faculty events and attend as required
- Support the management of the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity reports vs budget
- Monitor industry activity and trends applicable to Faculty and Program Branding
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Undergraduate degree (Business or Marketing-related degree) preferred. Experience in elaborating branded and marketing strategies, tactics and plans. Demonstrated ability to develop branded and marketing creative materials with a strong creative vision/outlook and design aesthetic. Must be customer service focused with excellent oral and written communication skills. Proven exceptional organizational and planning skills that contributes to effective and efficient project execution. Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with multiple stakeholders. Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously. Solid problem-solving skills that contributes to productive and creative outcomes and an effective collaborator and team player. Media and digital campaign experience. Event management experience. Strong technical marketing skills; as well as experience with relevant software applications. Ability to work in an MS Office environment using word-processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software. English and French: spoken and written.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Desautels Faculty of Management:
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management, Area Personnel Office
1001 Sherbrooke Street West (Samuel Bronfman Building), room 454
hr.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is January 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Desautels Faculty of Management will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) at angela.campbell [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-1660