Reporting to the Senior Marketing and Communications Advisor in the Dean’s Office of the School of Continuing Studies, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will play a key role in implementing the strategic marketing and communications plan of the School and its various units including implementing the online community strategy.
- Assist in devising and implementing creative multichannel marketing campaigns to drive awareness and enrolment in the School’s various courses and programs including content strategies, social media initiatives, email campaign, advertising and strategic events;
- Write blog posts, articles, emails, newsletters, press releases, ads, and other communications materials for print and web;
- Manage the School’s social media presence and implement content strategy on various social platforms for the School and its related departments;
- Monitor discussions, resource postings, and trends within the community to identify and report trends in usage and advise on potential opportunities;
- Manage digital communities and implement strategies to drive community growth and engagement;
- Assist in organizing photo and video shoots in support of the School’s marketing objectives;
- Assist in maintaining effective measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives;
- Keep current with best practices and emerging tools in the rapidly changing fields of digital communications and marketing, Web design, multimedia and social media.
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing and Communications is strongly preferred. Knowledge and experience with effective measurement tools an asset; Proven ability in content and copywriting (Knowledge of direct-response copywriting an asset). Proven ability in computer design software and content management systems (HTML programming, WordPress, and Drupal); Proven record of creative thinking in implementing online communications strategies (a portfolio will be requested); Ability to adapt to new technologies and an understanding of the optimal communications tools for a given task and audience. Ability to work in a MAC environment; Ability to prioritize and multi-task; strong organizational skills; Demonstrated ability to develop and manage production schedules, prioritize, and meet deadlines; Reliable, self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously and with others in a team; Must be client-focused and service-oriented; Strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial educational environment. Bilingual, English and French, spoken and written.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to the School of Continuing Studies at hr.conted [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 13, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the School of Continuing Studies will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) at angela.campbell [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-1660.