The Marketing Content Specialist will create clear and persuasive content that brings McGill’s strategic priorities to life. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing in Communications and External Relations (CER) and working closely with CER’s Digital Communications team, the Specialist will write creative copy for marketing-oriented websites, digital ads (search and display), content marketing stories and profiles, social media posts, video scripts and other materials. The position will collaborate with other members of CER’s creative team to develop creative concepts for a wide variety of marketing materials, and suggest ideas to help execute the strategic marketing plan. Above all, the Specialist will be a skilled and entertaining storyteller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write engaging, creative copy for a wide variety of digital communications vehicles and audiences.
- Conduct interviews in a manner that puts the subject at ease and gets the information needed for a great story.
- Suggest ideas and stories to help execute the strategic marketing plan.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Marketing in the development, execution and continuous improvement of the strategic marketing plan.
- Conduct research, including finding students, staff and alumni to profile, in order to create content that is on brand.
- Keep up to date on and apply best practices in SEO and marketing.
- Monitor the effectiveness of created content and adjust practices to increase the performance of marketing copy.
Education and Experience:
Three (3) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Superior ability to write in English. Fluency in French, spoken and written. Ability to collaborate effectively with clients and colleagues. Photography skills an asset. Attention to detail and accuracy.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Staffing:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
apply.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is October 18, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
In order to maintain internal priority, McGill employees must apply within the delays specified in the MUNACA collective agreement for positions covered by the collective agreement or according to the personnel policies for positions covered by the personnel policies.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.