Reporting to the Manager Benefits, the incumbent is responsible for the effective delivery of HR services in the areas of pension, well-being and benefits. The incumbent will perform and/or organize activities in support of the daily operations of the Pension and Benefits unit ensuring that administrative services are carried out in accordance with established goals and objectives. Responsible for communication of benefits, well-being and pension related information to McGill community as well as to service providers. Monitor compliance with policies and procedures, and responsible for a variety of administrative processes related to benefits, pension, health and well-being. Perform related duties.
- Research best practices in the areas of benefits, pension, health and well-being.
- Compile statistics and produce reports in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Liaise with external service providers on issues pertaining to benefits, employee assistance program and pension. Responsible for the exchange of information with suppliers including transmission of eligibility files and other required information.
- Draft and disseminate information to McGill community concerning new policies and procedures regarding benefits, pension, health and well-being matters.
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures. Provide explanation to employees and managers. Update the relevant sections on the website as required.
- Responsible for a variety of administrative processes including file records management, logistical planning, support for meetings and events, review and payment of invoices.
- Process life insurance claims of deceased employees and pensioners. Administer process with the service center, payroll and the insurers.
- Administer the pension adjustment resulting from a pensioner's death.
- Responsible for the collection of NSF payments of the benefits plans' premiums.
- Support the members of the team with other administrative tasks.
- Participate in the review and documentation of procedures.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Staffing:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
apply.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is January 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.