The Portfolio Analyst’s primary responsibility is to support all processes associated with McGill’s Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) with the ultimate goal of insuring Capital Projects are aligned with the respective portfolio’s strategic objectives. Incumbent guides decision-makers in the review, reprioritization, and optimization of each portfolio by providing key information and data in support of portfolio decisions. He ensures timely and consistent communication to stakeholders on progress, impacts and changes associated with management of the respective portfolios. He enables project planning decisions in partnership with Project Management and portfolio stakeholders. Manages portfolio artifacts, decisions, communications, metrics, and reporting. He also provides coaching, guidance, and support to Portfolio Managers and acts as a point of escalation in solving complex portfolio management problems for all stakeholders, Executive Sponsors and Managers.
- Provides training, documentation, and assistance on the use of portfolio software.
- Proposes reports used to drive portfolio review meetings. Metrics, dashboards, roadmaps, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day steps of the portfolio management process.
- Identifies any improvement in existing processes needed to support project/program/portfolio management.
- Facilitates portfolio review in support of portfolio managers.
- Organizes, attends and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Documents and follows-up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Prepares meeting materials.
- Provides administrative support as needed.
- Chairs and facilitates meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all stakeholders.
- Collects, analyzes, and presents all necessary information and data that drives strategic decisions.
- Oversees data collection during the full cycle of the portfolio management process.
- Works collaboratively across the business to close project data gaps and improve data integrity for all portfolios.
- Partners with Project Managers to update project data as projects transition through the state-gate process.
- Defines and develops reports and dashboards in support of portfolio management delivery processes.
- Conducts standard and ad hoc analysis, reporting and modelling to support governance decision making.
- Supports process for scoring and prioritizing entire portfolios and programs.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is December 5, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.