Reporting to the Director of Shared Platform and Development Services, and working closely with Business Stakeholders, IT Project Managers, IT Managers and IT Technical teams, the incumbent is responsible for implementing, evolving, maintaining and supporting IT services to meet the needs of the services in the portfolio, and is accountable for the suitability, reliability, stability and availability of those services. The Portfolio Manager, Collaborative Solutions receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of University policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect the organization.
- Manage a team of analysts and/or specialists
- Perform annual Performance Dialogue and ratings for direct reports.
- Provide coaching and motivation to his direct reports and establish training and development plan.
- Advise and support Business Stakeholders in the implementation and evolution of IT Services for the portfolio business domain under own responsibility and ensure the submitted business need requests are evaluated and prioritized Act as single-point of contact for the various Business and IT Stakeholders for the scheduling, planning, and delivery of the activities under own responsibilities
- Prepare and provide request status updates to Business Stakeholders through regular communication and Business Coordination Committees and/or Advisory Groups
- Ensure systems requirements are captured and solutions designed and developed to meet business requirements, in respect with the established architecture
- Ensure quality control is performed at each step of the Software Delivery Life Cycle
- Manage Supplier relationships for third party software/services
- Implement best practices and methodologies and ensure own team stays abreast of new technologies
- Establish, promote, support and reinforce the use of standards to ensure the quality, suitability, reliability, stability and availability of IT Services under own responsibility is maintained
- Stay abreast overall on Software Delivery best practices to advise IT management on possible strategic direction
- Manage resource allocation: material and financial
- Develop overall department objectives with the Director
- Defines roles and responsibilities for the unit with the Director
- Establish and manage deadlines
- Exercise leadership in influencing others in attaining the established objectives.
- Oversee the implementation of short and long term plans related to IT management
- Work with clients to assess the degree to which IT investments are achieving their business objectives
- Provide consulting expertise to the University community on a wide range of complex IT issues.
- Support and advise University community on introduction of new technology
- Review productivity reports and evaluates process efficiencies and recommends improvements
- Analyze and manage the HR and Finance functions to improve the economic performance of IT
- Foster and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.