Reporting to the Admissions Systems Manager, the Production Administrator is accountable for overseeing the delivery of outstanding services to students and the system production schedules for Student Information System processes and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write and validate technical documents based on requirements on behalf of campus stakeholders. Determine the development priorities.
- Create and execute User Acceptance Testing scenarios for such area responsibilities as Admissions systems, Production Schedule items, etc.
- Provides technical and user support to campus constituents for both the undergraduate and graduate Admissions systems (Banner, Minerva, uApply).
- Assess and resolve issues and escalate to supervisor when appropriate.
- Attend Student Records and Admissions meetings and act as resource person to student affairs and admissions offices across campus.
- Provide support for the Admissions and Student Records Production schedules managing operational reports and automated processes.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of user training for Graduate and Undergraduate Admissions systems.
- Manage the Student Information System Production Schedule for reports and automated processes.
- Is actively engaged in professional development and participates in cross training activities.
Education and Experience:
Three (3) years' related experience
One (1) year related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated knowledge of the review, tracking and correction of admissions and recruitment records to help maintain data integrity. Experienced in preparing and delivering user training. Proven ability to support and supervise the staff. Ability to work in a Microsoft environment using Banner, Minerva, MIM and other software. Capable of working independently with minimal supervision. Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and attention to detail skills. Ability to trouble shoot and recommend solutions and improvements. English and French spoken and written.
Leave replacement of one (1) year; duration dependent on regular incumbent’s leave status.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Enrolment Services at hr.es [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 13, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Enrolment Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) at angela.campbell [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-1660.