Reporting to the Associate Director, McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship (DCE), the Program Officer will be responsible for designing and delivering extra-curricular entrepreneurship programming and content for the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship. The core of our offering is to find, teach and develop entrepreneurs at McGill. This involves engaging with students, staff and faculty across all of McGill as well as numerous external stakeholders, including alumni, donors, funders and other parts of the Entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the execution of new programs, events, competitions and services by establishing priorities and ensure efficiency and quality of output, along with managing program budgets.
- Develop and deliver workshops and programs to the McGill community, including potentially targeted workshops or programs (ex: for faculties or other McGill priorities).
- Participate in the unit's overall strategy, by providing insights and analytics to ensure continued growth and success of the DCE's long-term strategy; lead, direct and approve the strategic selection tools and software to support the IT infrastructure and operations at the DCE.
- Review and analyze proposals for new programs by providing advice on their feasibility; provide expertise in the formulation, development, and implementation of new business ventures.
- Lead and collaborate with directors and managers to develop an integrated strategy for business development across the University with the goal of identifying mentors and judge-mentors for DCE.
- Foster and maintain business relationships with academics and other stakeholders to build networks both domestically and internationally and participate in these events as required.
Education and Experience:
Three (3) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Experienced workshop facilitator and good public speaker. Strong event planning as well as project and budget management. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and meet tight deadlines. Is able to work independently, highly self-motivated, and proven organizational skills. Involvement in some aspect with an entrepreneurship community and/or connected to the McGill and Montreal entrepreneurial and/or academic ecosystem a definite asset. Demonstrated ability to work in a MS Office environment using word-processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation software. Excellent communications skills, oral and written in both English and French, a requirement.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Desautels Faculty of Management:
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management, Area Personnel Office
1001 Sherbrooke Street West (Samuel Bronfman Building), room 312/313
hr.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is December 12, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Desautels Faculty of Management will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.
In order to maintain internal priority, McGill employees must apply within the delays specified in the MUNACA collective agreement for positions covered by the collective agreement or according to the personnel policies for positions covered by the personnel policies.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.