Under the direction of the Director Operations, the incumbent will assist with implementation of the initiatives and other projects within Services for Students. Facilitates a collaborative approach to ensure that all units work collaboratively and cohesively. Works with individual units to ensure all programs and services are developed based on best practices. Assists with developing plans and work processes for project(s) based on requirements, timelines and budget. Produces reports and facilitates training. Documents processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fosters effective working relationships by liaising with users, vendors and suppliers, identifying needs and providing support in the delivery of services.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and new initiatives to support the strategic direction of Services for Students.
- Schedules and plans meetings, conferences, luncheons and special events. Records and distributes minutes. Organizes meetings, facilitates discussions and workshops. Ensures that all participants are engaged.
- Documents user and technical information; ensures training is delivered to employees related to new systems and procedures and provides support/guidance to staff on various project-related tasks.
- Administers smaller projects or milestones within larger projects keeping supervisor abreast of new developments and changes.
- Participates in the development of user test plans and participates in testing, makes recommendations and documents results.
Education and Experience:
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to work independently and as a member of teams. High degree of flexibility and organization to administer multiple initiatives simultaneously, with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines. Demonstrated ability to achieve long- and short-term goals. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), an asset. Experience in training and coaching staff, an asset. Proven problem solving skills. Must be detail-oriented with a proven ability to manage, integrate, effectively communicate, update and document constantly changing information. Strong customer-service focus and ability to give direction and assistance to clients. Strong computer literacy with all Microsoft Office tools, MINERVA and Banner system(s). English & French, spoken & written.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Student Services at staffing.s2 [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is January 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Student Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) at angela.campbell [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-1660