Under the direction of the Associate Director, Project Management of Facilities Management and Ancillary Services of McGill University, the incumbent will act as the principal project manager on diverse capital projects at McGill University. Responsibilities will vary from being assigned on renovation and new construction, from research to teaching laboratories, masonry renovations, rehabilitation, to overall mechanical and/or electrical building infrastructure. As a Project Manager, the incumbent will also have to manage and train Assistant Project Managers.
- Liaise with professional design consultants in addition to overseeing the execution of their mandates.
- Communicate with stakeholders/authorities having jurisdiction within the context of given projects.
- Use professional expertise, specialized skills and knowledge to effectively provide cost control throughout the life-cycle of projects.
- Oversee construction contractors and manage the construction contracts in the best interest of the University.
- Oversee the development of the construction programming and design development process. Assure that the varied needs of interested University constituencies are addressed, reconciled and integrated into the project.
- Develop and implement project schedules and project budgets in consultation with the professional consultants.
- Use professional expertise in the development of project scope of work and manage the scope of work to best support the project budget and schedule.
- Make adjustments and approve certain changes in regards to construction tendering and contract award process; negotiate calls for tender and contract terms and conditions.
- Supervise the execution of construction contracts and analyze issues so as to minimize the impact of contractor activities on University activities.
- Compile end of project documentation and monitor the orderly turn-over of the completed project to the end users and to Facilities Management.
- Participate at meetings, make recommendations and provide solutions.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is July 14, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.