The Faculty of Medicine Buildings Director’s Office (BDO) manages approximately 27 buildings and is responsible for ensuring their capacity to support evolving research, teaching and administrative needs of faculty and staff in the Faculty of Medicine. The Office collaborates with McGill’s central Facilities and Planning teams to provide project management oversight for building and renovation projects valued at approximately $10 million annually. The Office oversees medium-sized and smaller projects as well as plans and manages complex relocations, including those associated with renovations.
Reporting to the Director of the Faculty of Medicine Buildings Office, the incumbent represents the Faculty in building or renovation projects valued at under $5,000,000, manages projects of a smaller range, and participates in and provides support for major and intricate projects. The incumbent also manages largescale relocations, asset inventories and oversees the BDO’s support staff.
- Ensure project governance of the Faculty of Medicine building and renovation projects valued at under $5,000,000 from functional program to delivery phase.
- Identify and develop, with the Dean’s office or Faculty departments the scope and functional programs of major infrastructure projects.
- Oversee project cost estimates and participate in project financing structure development.
- Ensure governance of a project from initiation, through to planning, execution, control and closing within all project management knowledge areas.
- Manage medium-scale projects, under $500,000 in Faculty buildings and rented space.
- Meet with users and stakeholders to discuss options and establish detailed needs and estimated costs.
- Manage projects, ensuring coordination of the multiple contract and stakeholder project environment and ensuring project effective execution and timely completion.
- Ensure rigorous oversight of financial, physical and human resources.
- Assist the Director Building Services in short and long term space planning, through the development and analysis of optimal and realistic scenarios.
- Provide senior professional expertise in the pursuit of project leveraging opportunities in order to optimize project outcomes and minimize cost.
- Act as a senior representative for the Faculty of Medicine on incidents causing major damage to workplaces and/or user belongings.
- Manage the Faculty’s furniture and special assets to ensure efficiency, sustainability and equity.
- Oversee the BDO’s Service Catalogue and ensure that it is up-to-date and clearly outlines the services provided.
- Manage a team of 3 administrative staff (secretary, senior coordinator and building support coordinator)
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 5, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.