Reporting to the Secretary-General, and under the supervision of the Associate Director and the Regulatory Officers, the incumbent is responsible for providing high level of administrative and communications support and oversight to critical regulatory functions within the Secretariat. The key areas of focus include access to Information requests, staff and student tribunal processes, tenure and promotion processes, advisory committees and elections. Additionally, the incumbent will provide project support, as required, to the Secretary-General, the Associate Director and the Regulatory Officers. The nature of the support is diverse and varied.
- Review access to information requests and develops the University’s responses, ensuring sound and judicious interpretation and application of the Act Respecting Access to Documents Held by Public Bodies and the Protection of Personal Information.
- Apply University policy and regulations, within the context of sound judicial process, to assist with the management and oversight of the University's tribunal processes.
- Act as a resource to tribunal committees and provide training and liaison functions regarding policies and procedures.
- Provide advice on the interpretation and application of University policy and regulations.
- Carry out research and projects on a variety of regulatory functions and activities.
- Synthesize reports and documents in the form of summaries and briefings notes. Translate and summarize French documents as required.
- Conducts the elections process for Senate, the Board of Governors and Statutory Advisory Committees.
- Support the Secretary-General in advisory committee processes.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Staffing:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520
apply.hr [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Staffing will only contact applicants selected for an interview.