Position title: Research Assistant or Research Associate (depending on employee’s background)
Brief description of duties:
The person will help develop and coordinate the program evaluation of outreach activities at the McGill Faculty of Dentistry.
Their main tasks will be:
- Collaborate on development and implementation of an evaluation research plan, including study protocol(s), policies and procedures
- Develop and coordinate the program evaluation, including data collection, outputs, and follow-up activities
- Prepare, oversee, and coordinate research-related documentation (such as consent forms and data collection instruments)
- Liaise with research collaborators, research team members, and stakeholders
- Liaise with research ethics boards
- Conduct literature reviews
- Perform basic quantitative and qualitative analyses Conduct clinical chart reviews, including the development and execution of data abstraction
- Coordinate, prepare and assist with grant applications, research protocols, and knowledge translation activities (e.g., abstracts, manuscripts, letters to the editor, reports)
Hold an MSc or PhD degree in public health, dental sciences, education, social science or another relevant field.
Experience in conducting qualitative, quantitative and/or mixed methods research. Experience in program evaluation will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of access to dental services will be considered an asset;
- Mastery of English, spoken and written; mastery of French will be considered an asset;
- Excellent work organisation skills;
- Ability to work in a team.
Name of the immediate supervisors: Belinda Nicolau and Mary Ellen Macdonald, in collaboration with the Fondation Marcelle & Jean Coutu research program committee, Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University
Work schedule: Flexible
Working hours: 35 hours/week (Full time)
Location of work: Division of Oral Health and Society
Faculty of Dentistry
2001 McGill College Avenue, Suite 500
Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1G1
Salary information: Pay according to collective agreement for Research Assistants or Associates at McGill University (minimum hourly salary of $21.00; maximum will depend on qualifications).
Planned start and end date of appointment: One-year contract beginning as soon as possible, with the possibility of an extension of up to 2 years.
People interested in this position are asked to apply by sending their complete CV and a cover letter with a list of references by email to hr.dentistry [at] mcgill.ca.