Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, greets visitors and student clientele. Provides information concerning university activities and administrative services. Answers the telephone, processes mail, and photocopies, assembles, and files documents.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets student clientele and visitors. Provides information concerning University activities and administrative services.
- Distributes documents and assists clients in completing forms.
- Answers phones, e-mails, guest/student inquires.
- Handles check-in and checkout.
- Balances a cash float.
- Provides tourist information and directions; confirming reservations.
- Responsible for communication and service calls and/or emergency calls.
- Excellent customer service.
- Proven ability to multi-task and clearly transmit and receive information (both verbally and in writing).
- Able to work as part of a team.
- In cases of emergency, able to take appropriate measures for safe and efficient building evacuation.
- Diverse clerical duties and any other related tasks.
- English and French, both spoken and written.
Education & Experience:
DEP (secretarial office systems)
One (1) year related experience
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter to Connie Servedio, HR Administrator at hrapplication2.shhs [at] mcgill.ca. The deadline to apply is December 5, 2019 at 5pm (EST).
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.