Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, the incumbent's primary role will be to administer the Faculty's class schedule. The candidate will liaise with different stakeholders of the University, i.e. Enrolment Services, Summer Studies, the Faculty's program offices and Area Coordinators, to produce the best possible class schedule, while taking into account the needs of approximately 2,500 students. The role will also include oversight of the operational requirements of the Faculty's classrooms, liaising with Facilities Operations and IT Services, and provide recommendations for classroom improvements.
- Administer the Faculty's (Fall/Winter) class schedule by liaising with Enrolment Services ensuring inputs for the scheduling exercise are submitted.
- Administer the Desautels calendar of dates ensuring all course lecture sections are scheduled appropriately, adhering to McGill regulations regarding contact hours and other policies.
- Organize the Summer semester by acting as the Faculty liaison with Summer Studies and is the point person for the Programs and Areas ensuring all required courses are scheduled, and that the Summer eCalendar is updated.
- Provide reports, analyses and recommendations to the Vice-Deans, Program Directors and Area Coordinators on cancellations, additional sections, and capacity increases or reductions.
- Assess and provide input and recommendations to Faculty for classrooms improvements, specifically for Teaching and Learning Spaces Working Group (TLSWG) and the University Teaching Labs Working Group (UTLSWG).
- Oversee the process for course materials, communicating relevant deadlines and verifying copyright cost recovery information provided by the McGill Bookstore.
- Responsible for projects-related maintenance and minor enhancements of physical facilities and technology inside Faculty's classrooms.
- Liaise with IT and other support units regarding daily operational maintenance and equipment issues; resolve problems in keeping with Faculty customer focus, priorities and cost management.
- Oversee the room bookings process of classrooms. - Interact with students, professors, staff and others. Resolve problems related to use of premises or classroom bookings. Maximize efficient use and compliance with all applicable regulations for classrooms, while ensuring pedagogical needs of students and professors are met.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Desautels Faculty of Management:
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management, Area Personnel Office
1001 Sherbrooke Street West (Samuel Bronfman Building), room 312/313
hr.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is December 12, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Desautels Faculty of Management will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.