Provide timely, first-line technical support regarding all centralized IT services to the McGill community (students, staff, and academics) via telephone, e-mail, web-forms, and in person walk-ins. Liaise with other units in IT Services for the resolution of incidents and service requests. Administer incident notifications. Participate in special service improvement projects and initiatives. Act as a subject matter expert for specific IT services and respond to more complex tickets. Participate in the training and mentoring of new Service Desk staff.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support to end-users (diagnose, investigate, provide a recommendation, resolve the incident and/or fulfill the request) on a wide a variety of IT services.
- Escalate to the appropriate IT service provider team as required.
- Document and maintain accurate up-to-date information for all incoming calls, e-mails, web-forms, and walk-ins in the ticketing system.
- Acknowledge, resolve, and respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Co-ordinate major incident notifications: When requested, send internal alerts to major incidents. This role serves as a communications liaison to the Major Incident Manager (MIM) during Major Incidents (MI).
- Administer Identity and Access Management processes.
- Troubleshoot and research IT resolutions for simple to complex incidents. within the set timeframe.
- As a subject matter expert within the Service Desk, handle 2nd level support tickets for one or many designated services.
- Participate in the creation and updating of end-user and internal knowledge documentation and articles.
- Train and mentor new Service Desk employees.
- Contribute to cross unit special projects.
- Facilitate orientation/demo sessions to end-users.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.