As part of the IT development team, the software developer is involved in the full Software Development Lifecycle (SLDC) process of McGill University IT applications portfolio. Working closely with other IT teams, he delivers in a timely manner and with high quality level expected by McGill users. The software developer designs, develops, debugs, tests, supports/maintains, integrates applications and IT systems.
- Develop the following artifacts (not limited to): code, scripts (Database and others), automated unit/functional/integration tests, unit test cases, deployment instructions
- Work with other IT Professionals in implementing new systems or modifying existing systems that meet business requirements and are aligned with IT orientations
- Transform detailed functional specifications into code/scripts in accordance with design and programming standards
- Provide estimates for tasks and artifacts under own responsibility
- Conduct unit testing and support Analysts and Technical teams during functional and integration testing
- Participates in the proposal, definition and promotion of development standards.
- Performs peer code review and coaching less experienced members of the team.
- Support IT team in resolving system incidents/problems
- Assist Technical Teams during deployment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.