- Receives and provides detailed information and explanations to students. Participates in the organization of admissions and registration. Prepares, examines and verifies admissions and registration session files. Ensures follow-up. Completes and approves forms concerning course or program changes, interdepartmental or inter-university registration, and residency and internship programs.
- Assists academic advisors in relation to matters such as equivalencies, recognition of courses from other institutions, transfer of credits and probationary status. Prepares and verifies files. Coordinates and schedules student interviews.
- Informs students in relation to their files. Resolves problems. Ensures the application of academic regulations and deadlines. According to the needs of the unit, prepares residency rotation and other student activity schedules, contacting the necessary officials to coordinate and verify placement.
- Coordinates application process for awards, scholarships and fellowships. Distributes application forms and provides information on procedures and deadlines. Verifies that student files are complete and, as required, ensures necessary linkage with admissions process.
- Organizes specific operations with regard to the start of the semester, loan applications, course and residency evaluation, and exam scheduling and invigilation. Prepares timetables and schedules room bookings for unit. Prepares, schedules and books exams for unit.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Four (4) years related experience
Please submit your electronic application via the web at https://engineering.medicine.mcgill.ca/ords/f?p=165 click on "Application Form" and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter as one document.
The deadline to apply for this position is December 10, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Engineering will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.