Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides administrative support for academic student affairs. Provides detailed information on policies and academic regulations. Verifies, processes and approves documents related to admissions, registration, graduation and submission of grades. Coordinates activities related to admissions, examinations, registration and graduation. Informs students and resolves problems in relation to their file. Produces and coordinates distribution of documents.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Receives and provides detailed information and explanations to students. Participates in the organization of admissions and registration. Prepares, examines and verifies admissions and registration session files. Ensures follow-up. Completes and approves forms concerning course or program changes, interdepartmental or inter-university registration, and residency and internship programs.
- Informs students in relation to their files. Resolves problems. Ensures the application of academic regulations and deadlines. According to the needs of the unit, prepares residency rotation and other student activity schedules, contacting the necessary officials to coordinate and verify placement.
- Coordinates application process for awards, scholarships and fellowships. Distributes application forms and provides information on procedures and deadlines. Verifies that student files are complete and, as required, ensures necessary linkage with admissions process.
- Liaises with students, teaching staff, departments, faculties, services, high schools, CEGEPS, training centers, and university and governmental authorities. Provides explanations related to academic regulations, student records, programs and calendars.
- Obtains and compiles grades. Completes and verifies lists of examination results. Selects and adapts the calculation formula according to the grading system given by the professor. Coordinates submission of grades and requests for grade revisions as well as deferred exams. Verifies and corrects transcripts. Identifies and verifies files of graduating students. Prepares for and attends evaluation meetings and follows up as required.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Education and Experience:
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Four (4) years related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet frequent and regular deadlines. Proven ability to listen and assist students. Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using Windows, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, Banner SIS, Minerva, and other related software. English and French, spoken and written.
How to Apply:
Please submit your electronic application via the web at https://www.hreng.mcgill.ca/applicant click on "Application Form" and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter as one document.
The deadline to apply for this position is August 22, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Engineering will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill applicants, covered by the MUNACA/PSAC Collective Agreement, must apply to a regular MUNACA position within eight (8) working days of the date of publication to maintain internal priority.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.