Reporting to the Manager Building Services, the incumbent directly supervises unionized employees and custodial staff working days, nights and weekends in widely dispersed locations (quadrants) across the University campus by conducting Quality Control Audits for buildings served by unionized employees and custodial staff including sub-contractors and ensuring proper follow-up where needed. Regularly meets with stakeholders throughout their assigned sector to monitor service levels and handle special projects.
- Consults with Manager of Building Services on a variety of matters including maintenance, security, effectiveness of supplies and equipment availability.
- Maintains high sanitation standards, procedures and techniques to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Supervises, trains and coaches employees on many cleaning procedures and techniques, promoting ergonomically correct actions to reduce work-related injuries, including monitoring attendances.
- In consultation with the Manager of Building Services, administers the collective agreement. Conducts and documents verbal discipline
- Interviews as necessary and participates in disciplinary actions. Monitors absenteeism.
- Conducts daily Quality control inspections to ensure productivity and complete reports.
- Ensures Manager of Building Services is fully apprised of all activities in their area.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is August 26, 2019, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.