Supports the IT infrastructure with specific emphasis on the daily operational administration, maintenance and security. Assures the reliability, stability and availability of all IT infrastructure components. Builds and delivers systems to the business and diagnoses issues impacting systems and applications. Specialized in the management of Linux servers, mostly Red Hat Enterprise Linux, the system administrator will be part of a team required to maintain and evolve an environment leveraging the following products and technologies: Red Hat Satellite, Ansible, OpenShift (Kubernetes), Postfix.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 technical support.
- Maintain the integrity of the operating system environment; monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain systems; analyze exception-based events and develop proactive solutions.
- Perform health checks, technical upgrades including planning, scheduling and testing.
- Perform technical system administration, installation and configuration.
- Provide status reports, problem summaries, and project status.
- Install new system servers and other devices, add and remove individuals from the list of authorized users, archive files, manage password protection and other security measures, monitor usage of shared resources, and handling equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain for schedules, installs upgrades and maintains operating systems and software.
- Assist with system modeling, physical design and application tuning.
- Monitor and maintain system security, availability and integrity.
- Audit hardware and software to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and configuration guidelines
- Implement and use backup and restore techniques.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.