The ideal candidate will be a full-stack developer with solid experience in the domain of web development spanning server-side, database integration and front-end, user-facing and UX/UI oriented development. The Intermediate Web Developer/Analyst will contribute to the development and support of the Web Services Systems to ensure that they meet the current and future needs of the stakeholders and users community. This position calls for an individual who demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the principles, concepts and theories of own discipline and some knowledge of principles and concepts in other functions.
- Resolve system incidents/problems and act as a liaison between Business Subject Matter Experts, technical teams and/or third-party vendors as required
- Lead the implementation of simple enhancements to existing systems that meet business requirements and are aligned with IT orientations:
- gather business requirements;
- evaluate feasibility, provide estimates, design solution and prepare detailed specifications
- coordinate team effort in developing and implementing the enhancements
- Implement new functionality that meet business requirements and are aligned with IT orientations
- Provide estimates for tasks and artifacts under own responsibility
- transform business requirements and conceptual system designs into detailed functional specifications in accordance with design standards
- Develop the following artifacts (not limited to): functional specifications, interface designs and configuration specifications
- Develop test scenarios and conduct detailed functional and integration testing to ensure programming/configuration has been done in accordance with detailed functional specifications and business requirements
- Develop website architecture and helps determine hardware and software requirements
- Test and debug new web modules, applications, themes, as well as perform maintenance and enhancements to existing web modules, etc.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of web design and functional specifications related to business needs.
- Produce deliverables related to assigned project(s)
- Perform or assist in the configuration and control of system parameters and files to meet business requirements
- Support Business Subject Matter Experts and users during user acceptance testing
- Assist in the development of application documentation, user documentation and training materials
- Assists in training less-experienced software development team members
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.