Provide production support services to users of McGill's central Web Production Services and technical advice and guidance relative to issues and problems involving user interface, browser, computing platform, devices and compatibility.
- Troubleshoot and restore functionality by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing faults and symptoms
- Produce, configure and provide access to websites supported by the central web publishing services
- Create and configure and verify web spaces for the purpose of enabling the publication of content to the web.
- Interface directly with the Service Desk and the development teams to ensure that all issues and requests are effectively resolved.
- Participate in client consultations on new specifications or changes to existing websites when required
- Communicate with clients on behalf of portfolio manager when required and when needed to document, verify and troubleshoot website issues.
- Verify and document reported computer platform/web browser incompatibilities or other issues
- Document bugs, issues, resolutions, testing results, etc. in ticket tracking tools
- Advise on web usability and perform testing. Support Business Subject Matter Experts and users during user acceptance testing.
- Participate in QA and testing of enhancements and new features.
- Develop documentation on processes and technical instructions. Participate in the development and upkeep of knowledge base articles, user documentation and training materials as appropriate.
- Manage requests for redirects to alternate URLs
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.