Founded in 1821, McGill University ranks among the world’s best institutions for research and higher learning. Our 11 faculties and 11 professional schools offer more than 300 programs to 40,000 graduate, undergraduate, and continuing studies students.
McGill University is proud to employ over 7,600 outstanding faculty and staff. In every corner of our campuses, you will find vibrant, talented, and dedicated employees making amazing contributions to our community.
What sets us apart?
- McGill is ranked as Canada’s top university and is internationally recognized for excellence in teaching and research. Learn more about our points of pride.
- McGill is consistently recognized as one of Montreal’s Top Employers. We are committed to providing our employees with resources, tools, and support to thrive personally and professionally.
- Our main campus, located in the heart of downtown Montreal, is a stunning mix of historic buildings, modern architecture and expansive green spaces. Our employees enjoy access to an incredible variety of onsite and nearby services, including public transit, restaurants, shopping, libraries, and an athletics centre.
- Our Macdonald campus, located in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, spans more than 1,600 acres of beautiful waterfront property featuring bike paths, ski trails, greenhouses, and working farms
- We offer our employees competitive salaries, generous vacation allowances, a pension plan with employer contribution, a benefits package including medical, dental, and emergency coverage, an employee and family assistance program, extended maternity leave, and much more.
- McGill actively promotes continuous learning and engagement. We are committed to investing in the development of talented employees through various training programs, workshops, and a tuition assistance policy.
- McGill strongly promotes inclusion, diversity, fairness, and respect. We maintain a Social Equity and Diversity Education (SEDE) Office to provide information, education and training to all areas of the University in order to cultivate a respectful and supportive campus culture. Learn more about our commitment to employment equity.
- We are passionate about building a more sustainable future. In faculties across our campuses, our researchers are spearheading exciting new initiatives in a variety of areas, including alternative fuels, water resources management and sustainable manufacturing. Learn more about our sustainability policies and initiatives.