For Non-thesis MSc: IWRM, IFB, Env E, Food Safety, Food Science
This talk will help you understand the various elements of a CV, and discuss how to compose a customized application that highlights relevant skills to an employer. The talk will also address as well what to do before, during and after a non-academic job interview, including interview preparation, what kinds of questions to anticipate, how to construct answers highlighting your relevant skills and experiences, and how to communicate effectively (verbal and non-verbal).
By attending this workshop, students will be able to:
1) Understand expectations around the format and purpose of CVs and cover letters
2) Identify strategies for customizing application materials to specific jobs
3) Articulate their skills and accomplishments within the CV and cover letter
4) Understand the importance of, and define what is involved in, thorough interview preparation.
4) Develop strategies for communicating your skills and experiences in an interview
6) Identify the best forms of verbal and non-verbal communication in order to conduct themselves in a professional manner before, during and after an interview.