For Non-thesis MSc: IWRM, IFB, Env E, Food Safety, Food Science
An overview of job/internship search strategies, followed by an in-depth look at networking as the most effective job search strategy. The tools and resources available to help you in your search will also be highlighted.
By attending this workshop, students will be able to:
1) Understand the importance of, and define what is involved in, thorough interview preparation.
2) Develop strategies for communicating your skills and experiences in an interview
3. Identify the best forms of verbal and non-verbal communication in order to conduct themselves in a professional manner before, during and after an interview.
4) Develop a job search strategy that includes effective networking
5) Identify ways to expand their current network
6) Use appropriate communication approaches to reach out to contacts