In Collaboration with Alumni, CaPS, SSMU & PGSS:
Interested in exploring career opportunities within the federal government? Please join us for our 4th annual federal government career tour, where you will have the opportunity to hear about career paths in the public sector, and network with hiring managers. This will be an exclusive opportunity to network with government officials. Special emphasis will be placed on public service renewal and the programs geared towards student employment. To be eligible to participate you must be a current PGSS or SSMU student.
Note that a maximum of 40 seats are available (20 undergraduate students and 20 graduate students).
Wednesday, January 17th - Friday, January 19th, 2018
Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa
From Thomson House Wednesday, January 17th at 6:30pm
To Montreal, Friday, January 19th at approximately 8:00pm
Schedule of meetings with Federal Government Departments providing an overview of their programs and policies
- Thursday, January 18th (9am - 12pm): Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Thursday, January 18th (1pm - 4pm): Employment and Social Development Canada
- Thursday, January 18th (6:30pm): Networking cocktail event with McGill Alumni
- Friday, January 19th (9am - 12pm): Global Affairs Canada
- Friday, January 19th (1pm - 4pm): Health Canada
Your trip includes
- 2 nights at Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa (crowneplaza.com/gatineauottawa), all meeting arrangements and transportation by deluxe coach bus. All taxes included.
- Meetings with Federal government departments providing an overview of their programs and policies.
- Networking cocktail event with McGill Alumni at the Crowne Plaza
- A logistics info session December 15th, 2017 from 5-7pm at Thomson House
- An exclusive CV & Networking workshop delivered by CaPS from 5:00-7:00pm on January 8th, 2018 at Thomson House
- A follow-up workshop delivered by CaPS from 5:00-7:00pm on January 25th, 2018 at Thomson House.
**You are responsible for finding other people to share your room. PGSS can help, but we are not responsible if you are unable to fill your room; you will have to pay the full price.
You have the option of paying just for the bus and event, while finding accommodations with family/friends in Ottawa.**
Space limited, register early!!
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner not included.
Please note: For double occupancy, there are 2 queen size beds in the room
Register online at: https://pgss.mcgill.ca/en/event/635
For more information contact: info.pgss [at] mail.mcgill.ca
For the "cash or cheque in person" payment is due before December 8, 5:00pm, 2017.