A support group for students who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, a Person of Colour, and/or a racialized minority. This group will provide a facilitated space for racialized and ethnic students to reflect upon their identities, experiences and specific challenges, and to connect and build community at McGill.
This group will strive to create a nonjudgmental space for:
- Explorations of intersectional identities;
- The naming and discussion of uncomfortable experiences on campus;
- Identifying the impact of prejudice and discrimination on personal health and wellbeing;
- Explorations of how prejudice and discrimination impact self-esteem and sense of belonging;
- Connecting and building community
Facilitator: Marianne Chivi
Format: Support group that meets every Tuesday
Schedule: October 11, 17, 24, 31, November 7, 14, 21, 28
To sign-up, please fill out this registration form.