The H1N1 flu vaccine is now available to people of all ages.
Clinics nearest McGill's downtown campus are at:
- Plaza Alexis Nihon, 1500 Atwater Avenue; and
- Palais des Congrès, 201 Viger Ouest.
Clinics closest to McGill’s Macdonald campus are at:
- Allancroft School, 265 Allancroft Road;and
- Spring Garden Elementary, 175 promenade Sonata.
The clinics are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week (except Nov. 28, when the Palais clinic will close early at 3 p.m.). Coupons to determine your appointment time will be distributed each day on a first-come, first-served basis, until the daily supply of vaccines is exhausted.
What you need to take with you:
Quebec residents need a health care card; students from other provinces need provincial health card and student id, plus proof of residence; students from out of the country need student id, plus proof of residence; McGill staff from outside Canada need to bring their letter of appointment and proof of residence.
Public health authorities recommend vaccination as an effective way to avoid H1N1 (swine) flu, a virus that can make you very sick for several days. Officials have warned a third wave of the H1N1 virus may hit Quebec in the new year.
How to get there:
- Alexis Nihon Plaza is near Atwater metro (green line)
- Palais de Congrès is at Place D’Armes metro (orange line)
- Allancroft and Spring Garden school are both accessible by bus.
Transit fare is $2.75 exact change, one way. If you want to go to another clinic that is more convenient. Click here to find the clinic nearest you.