CL&E plays a role in developing and strengthening several projects that involve or require student-facing, student-centred communications. Here are some of the ways that CL&E helps support student communications at McGill:
- Social Media: CL&E runs its own social media channels on Facebook and Instagram, and either manages or co-manages other social media channels, such as the McGill Entering Class Facebook group, McGill University - Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Facebook Page, McGill Peer Programs Network Facebook Page, McGill University Orientation Week Facebook Page, McGill Graduate & Postdoctoral Orientation Week Facebook Page, and McGill Off-Campus Students Facebook group.
- The McGill App: Marketing, graphics, project development, project management, assessment, and evaluation
- AskMcGill: Marketing, graphics, project development, in-person kiosks
- First-year communications: Development and production of several publications designed for first-year/new students, such as a guide and calendar; manage and update the "Your First Year at McGill" website
- Engage McGill: Manage and update the "Engage McGill" website
- Student Services: Coordinate and staff front desk in the Brown Building, design and produce Student Services promotional materials (brochures, posters, etc.), manage and answer the Student Services student.services [at] mcgill.ca (email account)
- Alternative Spring Break: Marketing, graphics