Prior to entering any McGill building, employees (including student employees) must complete, on a daily basis, the Minerva COVID-19 Daily health check [Self-assessment] form. The disclosure of exposure or illness is required in order to safeguard the health and safety, and limit transmission in the McGill community.
You need to self-isolate if:
- You have any of these symptoms: cough, fever, difficulty breathing, sudden loss of smell; OR
- You have been out of the country in the last two weeks; OR
- You are in contact with someone who has COVID-19
Every day, prior to entering a McGill building, you must complete the Minerva Daily health check [Self-assessment] form. If you answer yes to any of the questions, you must stay home.
If you are working from home, you do NOT need to complete a self-assessment form, even if you are required to self-isolate.
What to do if you are required to be on campus, but have a weakened immune system, a chronic condition or are aged 70 years and older
Employees required to work on campus to provide necessary activities and functions, but who have a weakened immune system, chronic condition or are aged 70 years and older, should remain at home and must send an email to disability.hr [at] mcgill.ca to inform them of their situation. The Disability Management unit (HR) will contact them to document their condition.
Any employee who has received a clinical diagnosis of COVID-19 must complete the confirmation of illness form and send it by email to disability.hr [at] mcgill.ca. The Disability Management unit (HR) will contact them to document their condition. This process applies to any employee who tests positive for COVID-19, whether or not they are required to be on campus.
For employees (including student employees)
- Log into Minerva from a computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Click on the Personal tab in the top menu
- Click on the link called “COVID-19 Daily health check form for Students and Employees on campus [self-assessment form]”
- Indicate if you are an employee or a graduate student
- Enter your immediate supervisor's email address
- If you are an employee, select the name of your Faculty or department
- Answer the following questions:
- Do you have any of these symptoms: cough, fever, difficulty breathing, sudden loss of smell?
- Have you been out of the country in the last two weeks?
- Are you in contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- Click on the "Submit" button
Should your answer be "yes" to any of the questions, you must stay home.
An email will be generated and sent immediately to your supervisor informing them of the answers provided.
The Minerva COVID-19 Daily health check form for Students and Employees on campus [self-assessment form] must be completed by yourself, as an employee, and any of your employees or graduate students every day prior to entering a McGill building. You cannot allow your employee and/or graduate students in a McGill building if:
- They have not completed the form
- They have answered "yes" to any of the three questions
Should your employee or graduate student answer yes to any of the questions, you must inform them to stay home and forward the email received to your designated Human resources representatives.
All information will be treated confidentially. Supervisors, Human Resources representatives and the Disability Management Unit (HR) must keep the information collected safely. Any personal information must not be disclosed unless as required by law, or with the employee’s express consent.
More information is available on the responsibilities of the University, the Quebec Government and the employee, in the case of a positive test result.
If you have been diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19) please use the self-reporting form for students found in Minerva.
- Log-in to Minerva
- Select the Personal menu
- Select “Coronavirus (COVID-19) Self Reporting”
Information collected will be kept safely and confidentially: any personal information will not be disclosed unless as required by law or with the student’s express consent.