Enquête Sexualité, Sécurité et Interactions en Milieu Universitaire (ESSIMU), the IMPACTS Project, and partners are hosting the Canadian Bilingual Symposium on Sexual Violence in Post-Secondary Education Institutions.
The symposium is built around the issue of sexual violence suffered by the student population, in colleges and universities. The objective is to highlight recent research knowledge in this field to promote coherent preventive practices in Canada.
The programme integrates seven axes:
- Sexual violence conceptualization
- Legal issues inherent in institutional management
- Implementation of preventative practices
- Interventions with people of diverse sexual and gender identities
- The responses and responsibilities of institutions
- Arts and popular culture in the (re)production of and resistance to rape culture
- Challenges facing news media and social media
The symposium aims to reach college and university associations, executives of educational institutions, students, community organizations, government officials, teachers and researchers who share an interest in taking collective action again sexual violence.
For more information, please consult the symposium website.