Held at FPCEUP - Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences of the University of Porto, in Porto, Portugal, the II European Conference on Domestic Violence will bring together researchers, academics, doctoral students, practitioners, and policy makers, and is designed to:
- Connect research and intervention within the field of domestic violence
- Exchange knowledge, good practices and methodologies which best contribute to the protection of victims and to the eradication of domestic and gender violence
- Share scientific results which inform the construction of social and legal policies regarding domestic and gender violence
- Promote networking among professionals and experts in this field
- Develop research and practice networks, methods and tools on preventing and combatting domestic violence.
Dr. Shaheen Shariff will be presenting a session on "Sexual Violence: A Partnership Project". The presentation will highlight the research being undertaken under the IMPACTS Project housed at McGill University with university partners (Canada and international) to study the extent of policy and practice responses to sexual violence. Working with partners in law, social justice policy, academia, the arts, news and social media, this large project collaborates on university and student centered policies and programs to prevent, educate about and address sexual violence and sexist, misogynist culture at its roots.