Resources in this section include publications and research guides for scholars researching sexual violence. These are not prescriptive; rather, they are a collation of current debates about sexual violence, including the language and terms used within this area of work, the ethical considerations of working with survivors, and contact information for specific members of our team, in case you would like to get involved or be in conversation with our project members.
Publications and debates about sexual violence
- Buchwald, E., Fletcher, P. R., & Roth, M. (Eds.). (2005). Transforming a rape culture. Minneapolis, MN: Milkweed Editions.
- Henry, N., & Powell, A. (Eds.). (2014). Preventing sexual violence: Interdisciplinary approaches to overcoming a rape culture. Springer.
- Khan, U. (2016, December 05). The Rhetoric of Rape Culture. Retrieved from https://cfe.ryerson.ca/blog/2016/12/rhetoric-rape-culture
- Gersen, Jeannie Suk, 'The Look in His Eyes': The Story of State v. Rusk and Rape Reform (January 1, 2010). Criminal Law Stories, Robert Weisberg, Donna Coker, eds., 2013; Harvard Public Law Working Paper No. 10-23. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=1546602
- Domestic Violence Risk Assessment, Risk Management and Safety Planning with Indigenous Populations
Guides and toolkits:
- It’s on Us: Campus Organizing Toolkit (The Biden Foundation)
- Use the right words: Media reporting on sexual violence in Canada (Femifesto)
- Project Director: shaheen.shariff [at] mcgill.ca (subject: IMPACTS%20Project%20%7C%20Resources%20for%20researchers) (Dr. Shaheen Shariff)
- Project Lead; Education - Law & Policy: collen.sheppard [at] mcgill.ca (subject: IMPACTS%20Project%20%7C%20Resources%20for%20researchers) (Dr. Colleen Sheppard)
- Project Lead; Activism in Arts, and Popular Culture: carrie.rentschler [at] mcgill.ca (subject: IMPACTS%20Project%20%7C%20Resources%20for%20researchers) (Dr. Carrie Rentschler)
- Project Lead; News & Social Media: spoyntz [at] sfu.ca (subject: IMPACTS%20Project%20%7C%20Resources%20for%20researchers) (Dr. Stuart Poyntz)
- For all other inquiries, please contact the Project Administrator at definetheline.education [at] mcgill.ca