The Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery offers a 4-year residency program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The program is fully-accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada. It commences on July 1 of each year.
- The resident primarily works in clinical oral and maxillofacial surgery
- The resident also completes courses of study in gross anatomy, surgical anatomy and history and physical diagnosis
- The resident performs off-service medical and surgical rotations
- The trainees rotate on different services including anesthesiology, internal medicine, general surgery, intensive care, and other electives
Years 3 & 4:
- The resident assumes increasing responsibility for the overall care of all in-patients and out-patients on the oral and maxillofacial surgery service