Transition from acute to chronic painful TMD: Exploratory paths
A free workshop hosted by ACTION: Acute to Chronic Pain Transition
The Acute to Chronic Pain Transition (ACTION) Program invites you to a free workshop on June 18, 2019, at the UBC Robson Square in Vancouver, British Columbia.
The workshop, Transition from Acute to Chronic Painful TMD: Exploratory Paths, is happening one day before the IADR Conference, and will have presentations and panels from speakers and moderators, including Drs. Ana Velly, Gilles Lavigne, Barry Sessle, Brian Cairns, Richard Ohrbach, Linda LeResche, Frank Lobbezoo, Malin Ernberg, Eric Schiffman, Thomas List, Jean-Paul Goulet, Peter Svensson, Maria Hudspith, Paul Major, and Chris Peck.
The workshop will explore topics such as:
- The dilemma of the transition from acute to chronic painful TMD;
- Pathophysiology of TMD;
- Psychosocial conditions;
- Painful comorbidities;
- Bruxism and sleep;
- Diagnosis and screening;
- Management of painful TMD: evidence from systematic reviews;
- Multidisciplinary pain management;
- Implementation of research findings into day-to-day practice;
- Translation of research findings into health policy;
- Knowledge Translation – Clinician, patient and student perspectives;
- Important knowledge gaps still to be addressed, emerging methodologies and future research directions;
- Workshop Summary and Panel and Audience Discussion: Meeting Challenges and Opportunities Topic(s) for future grant applications – multi center.
Although admission is free, we ask that participants to ensure they register for the workshop since space is limited.