Assistant Professor, Operations Management
- MSci Mathematics (2004-2008), Imperial College London.
- PhD Operations Research (2008-2012), Department of Computing, Imperial College London.
- Post-doctoral researcher (2012-2013), Process Systems Engineering Laboratory, MIT.
- Post-doctoral researcher (2013-2016), Automatic Control Laboratory, ETH Zurich.
- MGCR 271: Business Statistics, undergraduate level.
- MGSC 640: Fundamentals of Decision Analytics, MBA level.
Tenured & Tenure Track
Optimization Under Uncertainty
Supply Chain Design & Management
- Primal and dual linear decision rules in stochastic and robust optimization,
Mathematical Programming 130(1):177-209, 2011 with W. Wiesemann and D. Kuhn.
- Generalized decision rule approximations for stochastic programming via Liftings,
Mathematical Programming, 152(1):301-338, 2015, with W. Wiesemann and D. Kuhn.
- Design of near optimal decision rules in multistage adaptive mixed-integer optimization ,
Operations Research, 63(3):610-627, 2015, with D. Bertsimas.
- Robust Optimal Control with Adjustable Uncertainty Sets,
Automatica, 75: 249–259, 2017, with X. Zhang, M. Kamgarpour. P. Goulart and J. Lygeros.
- Binary decision rules for multistage adaptive mixed-integer optimization ,
Mathematical Programming, 167(2): 395-4331-39, 2018, with D. Bertsimas.
- The Power of Diversity: Data-Driven Robust Predictive Control for Energy Efficient Buildings and Districts,
IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 1-14, 2018, with G. Darivianakis, R.S. Smith and J. Lygeros.
- Robust Dual Dynamic Programming,
Operations Research (forthcoming), with A. Tsoukalas and W. Wiesemann.
- The Decision Rule Approach to Optimization under Uncertainty: Methodology and Applications,
Computational Management Science, 2018, with W. Wiesemann and D. Kuhn.
- Performance guarantees for model-based Approximate Dynamic Programming in continuous spaces,
IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2019, with P. Beuchat and J. Lygeros.
- A Primal-Dual Lifting Scheme for Two-Stage Robust Optimization,
- Operations Research (forthcoming), with A. Tsoukalas and W. Wiesemann.
- Low-complexity method for hybrid MPC with local optimality guarantees,
SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization (forthcoming), with D. Frick, J. Jerez, A. Domahidi,M. Morari.
- Wind of Change: Meeting the UK's Renewable Energy Targets,
Working paper, with D. Kuhn and W. Wiesemann.
Refereed Conference Papers
- Flow-Maximizing Equilibria of the Cell Transmission Model,
In 2015 European Control Conference (ECC), pages 2634-2639, July 2015, with M. Schmitt, P. Goulart, and J. Lygeros.
- A Stochastic Optimization Approach to Cooperative Building Energy Management via an Energy Hub,
In 2015 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), pages 7814-7819, Dec 2015, with G. Darivianakis, R.S. Smith and J. Lygeros.
- Balancing Bike Sharing Systems through Customer Cooperation: A Case Study on London's Barclays Cycle Hire,
In 2015 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), pages 4722-4727, Dec 2015, with P. Aeschbach, X. Zhang, and J. Lygeros.
- Convex Approximation of Chance-Constrained MPC through Piecewise Affine Policies using Randomized and Robust Optimization,
In 2015 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), pages 3038-3043, Dec 2015, with X. Zhang and J. Lygeros.
- Alleviating tuning sensitivity in Approximate Dynamic Programming,
In 2016 European Control Conference (ECC), pages 1616-1622, June 2016, with P. Beuchat and J. Lygeros.
- Racing Miniature Cars: Enhancing Performance using Randomized MPC and Disturbance Feedback,
In 2017 American Control Conference (ACC), pages 5642-5647, May 2017, with A Liniger, X. Zhang, P. Aeschbach, and J. Lygeros.
- The REPOP Toolbox: Tackling Polynomial Optimization Using Relative Entropy Relaxations,
In IFAC 2017 World Congress Conference, July 2017, with O. Karaca, G. Darivianakis, P. Beuchat and J. Lygeros.
- Scalability through Decentralization: A Robust Control Approach for the Energy Management of a Building Community,
In IFAC 2017 World Congress Conference, July 2017, with G. Darivianakis, A. Eichler, R. S. Smith and J. Lygeros.
Awards, honours, and fellowships: