Various scholarships, prizes and medals are open to returning and graduating students. A complete list of Management scholarships can be found in the Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards 2018-19. Registered students are automatically considered by the Undergraduate Scholarships Committee for each award for which they are eligible that are based solely on academic excellence.
For more information please contact jennifer.l.hunter [at] mcgill.ca (Jennifer Hunter).
- Applications are required for Scholarships given for academic excellence with leadership, extracurricular and community involvement.
- Other awards do not require an application if they are granted solely on academic excellence, students will be informed in the summer if they were selected.
- Please note In Course Scholarships when awarded, are deposited into your fall/winter fee account for the following year, you must remain a full-time student to keep the award. Expected Fall 2019 graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Dean's Honour List for returning student is automatically calculated by the BCom office and will appear on your transcript if you ranked in the top 10% of your class. You must have completed 27 graded credits.
IN COURSE SCHOLARSHIPS
You may apply to as many awards as you feel you are eligible to receive. Please note that you will ONLY be considered for the awards for which you have applied.
Commerce 1955 Scholarships
Dr. Alex Paterson Scholarship
Marcel A. Desautels Leadership Scholarship
HSBC Bank Canada Management Awards
Hervé Desrosiers Scholarship in Entrepreneurial Studies
The Danny and Monica Gold Award for Academic Excellence and Leadership
Shirin Yeganegi Memorial Scholarship
Great West Life & London Life Scholarship
Laurentian Bank Scholarships
Donald R. McRobie Scholarship
|Philippe & Nan-b de Gaspe Beaubien Citizenship Prize |
Marion McCall Daly Award
Sheila Wellington BMO Financial Group Award
Peter Brojde Scholarships
All scholarships for graduating students, except the Goldbloom Prize, are awarded based on
- Program of study
For all scholarships see Undergraduate Scholarships & Awards Calendar 2018-19
Stephen S. Goldbloom Memorial Prize
- Graduating students only
- Does not require full-time status in the final year.
Murdoch Family Initiative Awards
Established in 2012 by Neil Murdoch (BCom'81) and Gisele Murdoch, these awards will support undergraduate students in the Desautels Faculty of Management to take the initiative to gain practical experience during their studies and to encourage students to be creative and entrepreneurial.
The first award will be for a student, in good academic standing, undertaking an internship related to their field of study which is either unpaid, in a non-profit or supra-national agency, or in a developing economy. Students apply through Career Services in the Desautels Faculty of Management. For more information, please click here.
The second award will be for a student, in good academic standing, who has demonstrated entrepreneurial talent and initiative and is involved in an entrepreneurial venture. Students apply through the Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies. For more information, please click here.
Preference for both awards will be given to students entering U2 or U3. Estimated value for each award: $4,000