We commit to
- advancing and translating knowledge about sport, physical activity and human health across the lifespan.
- training leaders of tomorrow through excellence in teaching, research and service.
To respect the diversity of the disciplinary bases and professional practices associated with Kinesiology and Physical Education, to encourage transdisciplinary research and professional endeavors, and promote collegiality.
Teaching and training objectives:
- To develop emerging leaders capable of cutting-edge research and teaching in the field of kinesiology and physical and health education.
- To offer a curriculum which views human movement from psychosocial and biological perspectives.
- To foster creative and critical thinking environments.
- To nurture students in becoming independent and active life-long learners in acquiring and evaluating knowledge as they mature as scholars and professionals.
- To provide professional learning opportunities through courses and field placements.
- To facilitate and support the development of sustainable, transdisciplinary research partnerships.
- To elucidate the physiological, neuromechanical and behavioural mechanisms of health, disability and disease across the lifespan.
- To develop, test and implement novel and effective interventions for optimal physical and psychosocial health across a broad range of populations.
- To develop and nurture community partnerships to advocate for physical activity, physical education, sport, health and well-being.
- To be responsible citizens by contributing to our communities.
- To value and foster continuing education opportunities for alumni and current professionals.