1. Purpose of the Award
- Honour excellence in teaching over a period of years
- Acknowledge distinguished teaching in all forms, from large lectures, seminars and tutorials, thesis and student teacher supervision
- Recognize commitment to the development of excellence in teaching at McGill and beyond
This award is open to all full‐time academic staff in the Faculty of Education, who should be recognized for their excellence in teaching in one or more of the following areas:
- classroom teaching;
- mentoring and supervision (supervision of student teachers, internships and graduate students, etc.) and
- educational leadership (work on curriculum projects, innovative instructional development, consultation with colleagues on teaching, conducting seminars or workshops on teaching and learning topics, research/publications on teaching).
3. Nomination Procedure and Deadline
Individuals (students, graduates or faculty members) wishing to make a nomination, of self or other, should do so by completing and submitting the Nomination Form below by February 15, 2019.
4. Selection Procedure
The Faculty’s Prizes and Awards committee will meet to review the nominations and will select a winner. The awardee will be contacted by email. The award will be presented at the upcoming Spring Convocation.