Faculty of Engineering Room Requests
Please allow 5 working days for processing.
Failure to follow the instructions below will create delays in room confirmations.
General Room Information
- Requests MUST be submitted via the Room Request Form; this allows us to maintain a tracking system and to return confirmations upon completion of the room booking.
- Only lecture or auditorium classrooms are booked through this room request system.
- During the start of the Fall and Winter terms requests for non-course related activities will be treated only after the course add/drop deadline due to adjustments being made to the Minerva class schedule.
- Room requests for non-engineering activities/groups/clubs/associations must be made via McGill’s Events Bookings at McGill.
- Any Minerva Class Schedule changes are to be sent directly to the Departmental Timetable Coordinator.
- Instructors must contact emf.support [at] mcgill.ca to verify software requirements for their course when requesting an EMF lab.
- If a room is occupied without making an official booking, occupants may be required to leave the room for an official activity.
- Due to scheduled evening classes, there may be little to no available rooms after 6pm.
- Food and beverages are NOT permitted in any classroom at any time. If a room is found in disarray after a booking you may be liable for cleaning services.
- ICS provides a direct phone line in each classroom for technical help with room equipment.
- Classroom repairs should be reported to the Porter in the respective buildings or by calling 4555.
Room Bookings – General Information for Students in the Faculty of Engineering
1. Only EUS affiliated clubs/groups/associations may use this form. The name of the club/group/association must be clearly indicated in the comments field as well as your role and a description of the event. If you are unsure of your status you must contact EUS for confirmation before submitting your room request.
- Nonaffiliated clubs/groups/associations must contact the Events Bookings at McGill.
- The event may be supported by faculty funding; however it is recommended that you confirm whether the event meets the criteria for funding prior to making a room request.
- Details related to funding student projects, criteria and application forms may be found at: https://mcgill.ca/engineering/students/undergraduate/student-life/student-initiatives-funding-request-form
2. Student groups may also consider booking a room through EUS, SSMU or the McGill library.
- For more information on booking a room through SSMU: https://ssmu.ca/university-centre/booking/
- For more information on library rooms consult their website at https://mcgill.ca/library/ and select ‘Room booking’.
- For more information on booking a room through EUS: https://wiki.mcgilleus.ca/Room_Booking
All weekend room requests must be made through Events Bookings at McGill.
Please follow procedures at Booking a Lobby