In early April, over 160 elementary school students become McGill students for a day!
These students, from the Lester B. Pearson School Board, English Montreal School Board and the Centre Communidée, attend McGill University for workshops and activities as part of the annual My Day @ McGill, which takes place over two days.
This unique initiative is part of a partnership between SEDE and the school boards, encouraging academic engagement and acting as a bridge between McGill and the larger Montréal community. The students from Lester B. Pearson school board are already part of Homework Zone, an after-school mentorship program connecting McGill students with elementary-aged students in underrepresented neighbourhoods of Montréal.
Read about MD@M in the press:
For more information in how to get your department or unit involved, contact:
anurag.dhir [at] mcgill.ca (Anurag Dhir)
A HUGE Thank You to all our Partners
My Day @ McGill is a collaborative effort between various McGill departments and many students, staff, and faculty have worked to make this a memorable day for all elementary school students involved!
- The Meighen Fund
- McGill Enrolment Services
- The McGill Bookstore
- The Lester B. Pearson School Board
- English Montreal School Board
- Homework Zone
- Broad Science Podcast
- McGill Library
- McGill's Faculty of Engineering
- McGill's Department of Chemistry
- McGill's Astrophysics and Cosmology Group
- The First People’s House
- Engineering Undergraduate Society’s Frostbite
- McGill Robotics
- M-SERT (McGill Student Emergency Response Team)
- The Engineering Undergraduate Society
- Medicine Students Community Outreach Projects
- All the amazing volunteers who have dedicated their time to be part of the days